What It Is

January 26, 2011
I did not post yesterday because I felt that this inspiration/post should be put into one. Ever since high school or maybe even college I have considered myself to be an artist. Many great people and scholars as what art is. Marriam-Webster's Dictionary defines art as:

  • skill acquired by experience, study, or observation
  • the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects
but they define artist as one skilled or versed in learned arts. Like I stated before some of the greatest minds write books and such on this topic.



When you know a simple concept of what art vs artist is you will realize what it is when you see it. During the early times of art women posed nude with all the glory of being big boned. Even Michelangelo's David is often up for great debate. In my opinion, no need to debate about it.

Enough about the art history. Today's inspiration is about media and not the subject. This is art that can only be done by a male. I have seen men that do art with the mouth or feet but this person used the inside of the body. Jordan McKenzie paints using sperm. Even thought I technically could not find pictures I did find the article. It this as bad as the art as cooking with sperm?

When being an artist and creating art one has to understand the controversy that comes with it.
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!