Jive

October 26, 2011
Jean-Michael Basquiat is one of those out there street artists. He was the flashy spray paing tagging kind that we think of today.

Take a look at his almost primal art, African in style. You could say it is just one big sketch. You have to look and stud it for a second but do not look too deep.

Basquiat also had an album of bee-bob jazz titled Basquiat Salutes Jazz before he had passed on in 1988. In my opinion, this is one good jazz album because I enjoy brassy hip-hop, bee-bop jazz.

Even before I discovered Basquiat I thought of art such as this attached to the style of jazz that I love to listen to.
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!