Real or Fake

January 18, 2011
For the most part I like graphic design. It is not that bad. I have issues with printing sometimes. I rather have a real printing press or something comparable rather than an inkjet printer. I want real quality. This is what you will see today.

One Point Oh  A Creative Design Studio has a nice portfolio on the website if you care to take a look as they are today's inspiration. I can say that I have enjoyed browsing through some of the works they have done for clients including Coke.

They have done some illustration for a show titled: The Hairy Bikers Mums Know Best. This looks so real and lifelike to me even though I know it is an illustration and not the real thing.



This makes me want to try and flip the page even though no matter how much I try I will never succeed. Moving on to this next piece I think this is where we encounter a few problems that makes this  look more graphical.


I believe that shadows are one thing that can either make or break a piece, the quality, that  is. Shadows are a tricky thing to replicate in design. In the real world areas of light and dark happen naturally. Not everything is purely one solid color. 

In this case, the piece looks similar layer paper in a shadow box. Just wish it does not look so graphical. Way to go shadows. It is your fault. You do not look too real/believable.

What do you think?

 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!