Recycled

January 28, 2011
Every time I went to my grandmas house I would play with my moms old toys. Most of the toys she had were made out if toys. Today everything has to be made out of plastic.

The artist I found, Dolan Geiman, reminds me of the wooden toys my grandma had. Dolan recycles wood to make crafty man like mix-media sculptures.




If I had the chance I would put some of his artwork in my place to make it look more crafty and manly with the wood. I do enjoy that it is screen printed.


Original Wood Art Assemblage, Paint Sticks Songbird Collection (2010)


This is what you do with all the paint sticks. What else would you do with them because every time you buy paint one is given to you.

Hunting Lodge Original Art Panel Painting, Moose

I have a thing for animals of the great North West. I guess that is why I have some moose in my bathroom at home. The instruments just remind me of the jazz/big band era music that I listen too.

Large Cattle Art Print on Wood, Blue Longhorn BOX PRINT reproduction

I do believe that the colors pulled me in on this one. I now realize that is is for a cigar company. The animal does fit the color scheme and remind me of New Mexico or Texas. I do have a liking of some items from the west.

In the end I like the vintage haphazardly painted quality. Recycling wood and using it in this way is a plus for me. So many times when we recycle items to make at it looks tacky. This is no year new tacky.
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!