Vintage

January 30, 2011
This day in age everything looks clean and crisp. I notice that it even happens in my artwork. I like things such as screen printing, printing presses and the like. If done right these things can make things look clean too but I do love how they can appear so vintage and with a grunge sort of look. Most it can also be attributed to the color scheme.

The Wallace Design House has the quality that I am looking for and absolutely love. A design house is similar to a design firm in that they do all your graphical needs. Wallace Design House  does: logos, illustrations, designs, and apparel.

Building Community 


This makes the tools looks paper thin. It is a nice idea to reinvent the recycling logo. 

Comerica Bank

Somehow the dark warn look on the shirt pocket adds a nice touch but how about the white distressed areas on the poster.

Birthday Invite

Working of Vintage Paint Cans

With The Birthday invite I do notice the nice grain. The grain acts like a gradient in this case. The large grain gradient would be nice to learn how to do. This old vintage style from around mid century interests me. If they ever did posters I might hang some in a place I do not have.

 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!