Where You From?

January 20, 2011
During the 60's places such as Las Vegas were known for their iconic sign as you enter the city. Today everyone  parodies it. Also many other places were having marquee signs such as this to attract visitors.

Today, ran across someone that redesigned them. Holly Wales takes the image and breaks it down to three colors and turns it into a risograph.

  • Risograph is a high-speed digital printing system manufactured by the Riso Kagaku Corporation and designed mainly for high-volume photocopying and printing.




I extremely love these signs because they have character and individuality. Today, I see everyone with a standard sign. How boring is that? Be more creative. Have some individuality. 

When I saw these reproduction prints I got a little more excited. I was inspired by this hand drawn style that is made to look like markers.

When a artist does a piece art they are not to use the entire color wheel but rather limit them to three or four colors, as seen here. This is what becomes know to the artist as a color scheme. A Motel would do it to help with branding in turn helps the common person identify where they are and who they trust.
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!