Winner

January 23, 2011
Last spring I was looking at new book bags and I searched everywhere for the right style and design. I wanted something that was "me".  I ended up buying this Lucha Libre handmade book bag.




Lucha Libre in Spanish translates to wrestling. In Mexico the wrestles wear a mast such as the one seen here. In most cases the wrestler's mask can be a great art form and inspiration. Take a look at some other great wrestling masks (below).

The mask's material commonly used is Jumbo Lycra or Milliskin, something strong to withstand the abuse of the wring. Most times you can tell that it is double stitched for strong professional seams.





As you have noticed, the wrestler and the mask can be an art for in itself. Are you inspired by a sport of any kind? Does is translate well into art as you have seen here?
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!