UGH

January 10, 2011
Bet you remember this famous cat and dog combo but you do not remember or even know the artist. Does John Kricfalusi bring to mind anything? How about his famous cartoon Ren and Stimpy?

John Kricfalusi happened to be a co-founder of one of the lesser know cartoon studios Spumko. Sad to say that Spumko ran its course from 1988 - 2005. I wish they were still in production but every one has a reason for quitting.


I like this style of art that the company produced. The style as you see reminds me of various art styles from the '50s and 60's. Spumco had that kind of touch. Even thought the company had many adult themed shows it did have an audience of kids.

Every day I look to this guy as an inspiration, as I do some of the lesser know super heroes. Thanks for Powered Toast Man.

0 comments:

 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!