Styled

January 9, 2011
Remember the last election where everyone had artwork. When you saw a red, white, and blue Obama you knew who the artist was and you could tell his pieces automatically Shepard Fairey is one of the many artist that contains an individual unique style.

Today we have another artist that has an individual style among many different types of medium. Take a look.

Jamie
18″ x 24″
Graphite on 100 lb. Bristol


Pepper Custom
9"
Hand-cast in Polyurethane Resin, Hand-Painted
One of a Kind

Jeffery Letter Pressed Print
4" x 5.5"
Print Produced by Letter Pressed

Art School
24" x 20"
Acrylic on Cradled Birch

With artist Jon Knox one can see a style stretching across various forms of media. I feel When I do a piece, no matter the format, if it be drawing, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc I tend to have a different style in every thing I do. It is not bad, but normally if you stick to one style it helps you to pick out an artist at first glance.

I have style that I tend to draw when I really need to do some characters but other than that I do the first style that comes to mind for that piece. I applaud Jon for keeping cohesion of style across media. Thanks for being my inspiration today.
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!