Floranova

January 1, 2011
I think this was my first spring break when I was going to school in Chicago. My aunt and I went to visit Macy's and the theme was Floranova. I mean when they do a theme the windows are decorated and so are the many floors of the department store.



I do not remember the place being cover in flowers as much as I do the unique folk art from either Central or Souther America. As you can tell it had/has bright colors which were used throughout the design from the giant dragon flies and chicken to this table leg.



As a designer I do enjoy using this color scheme or a similar one when working on pieces. These are not you traditional bright colors. This leg from a table gets me more inspired for for decorating when I have a permanent place of my own. I wonder where Macy's stores the giant chicken from this theme or whatever happed to it. 

What an awe inspiring display.

 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!