rorschach test

January 16, 2011
Mazzard,  2010 (detail)




What do you see? Do you see a face? I can see the face. This was the work of artist Aaron Smith. Aaron is on of those artist I was telling you about before that loves to use the color wheel to his advantage.

It seems that oil painting a favorite of his to be thrown on, in a precise way, with a palette knife. A palette knife is one of the most popular alternatives to a brush.

“Laddy”, 2008, oil on panel, 30” x 30”

“Mooey”, 2011, oil on panel, 24”x24”

The artist has to remember it is all about the stroke(s). This inspires me how one little, rainbow, stroke can say so much in Aaron's paintings.

Thanks for making my day Aaron and I hope you inspire someone else like you did here.
 

Pages


As an illustrator and graphic designer I see inspiration every day. I will be sharing inspiration and art reviews. One can definitely say They STOLE My Idea!!